If you have successfully completed a degree equivalent to the baccalaureate degree in the United States, you are considered a graduate applicant at NU.
1. All official transcripts of academic work and completion certificates from a university attended.
- If transcripts are not in English, all transcripts must be sent to Niagara University via World Education Services WES or via Spantran. The 'Course by Course Report' evaluation is needed at a minimum.
2. Non-native English speakers must verify their proficiency in English by submitting:
- A TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper exam) is required for admission.
- Or: Students may take the TOEFL PBT (at least a score of 550) until it is discontinued in their area and submit the scores for two years after the test date.
- Or: Niagara University will also accept Internet-based TOEFL (at least 79-80 score) or the International English Language Testing System, or IELTS (at least 6.0 band).
- Or: The university will waive this requirement for applicants working with an accredited language program affiliated with Niagara University. Embassy English is our affiliated program.
3. To complete application, in addition to basic requirements above, applicants will need to fulfill other requirements by specific program. Each program has their own graduate testing requirement which can be accessed here. Please check this link to make sure not to miss any item in application checklist.
International Relations Office
Dr. Deborah Curtis
Executive Director of International Relations
DePaul Hall, Rm 133
PO Box 1944
Niagara University, NY 14109-1944