Teacher Leader Quality Partnership (TLQP) Grant
The Teacher Leader Quality Partnership Grant (TLQP) funded by the New York State Education Department is a partnership between the Buffalo City School District, community partners and Niagara University’s colleges of Education and Arts and Sciences.
The partnership is in its fifth year and to date has provided graduate level coursework and training to 96 teachers, administrators and para professionals in the Buffalo City School District. This collaborative effort addresses the ever growing need to have “highly qualified” and certified teachers/personnel working with the ELL population in our schools. Upon completion of the program participants are able to apply to the New York State Education Department for a Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in TESOL.
- Tuition is at a 50 percent reduced rate of $1,000.00 per course. Total CAS cost is $6,000.
- All hybrid courses are offered in school settings.
- Courses will be delivered online and hybrid (online and face-to-face delivery).
- DASA Training will be offered at no cost.
- Assistance in applying for TESOL Certification is available.
- Preparation course for ESOL Content Specialty Test is offered.
View the Directory