All students who are considering NU should apply for financial aid. NU has streamlined the process to make it as easy as possible for you.
Here's what to do:
- Applications for FAFSA can be submitted as early as Oct. 1 for the following academic year.
- Remember to use NU's federal code: 002788.
- If you need a paper FAFSA, contact Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1.800.433.3243.
- If you are a NY State resident, additional financial aid may be awarded through the New York Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).
- Use NU's New York TAP code 0560 on TAP Application.
- Other financial aid, scholarships, grants, etc., may be available to you by applying for NU’s Endowment Scholarships.
- After you have been accepted for admission to NU and your FAFSA has been processed, NU will provide you with a confidential financial aid award offer.
- Financial aid offer will detail specific scholarships, grants, loans, and other aid programs that you are eligible for.
If you would like assistance completing these forms, NU's Financial Aid Office can help. Call them at 716.286.8686 or email for more information.