Humber Partnership: Degree Completion M.S.
Niagara University and Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning have partnered to offer students a comprehensive and seamless pathway to success by preparing students to complete Niagara University's Master of Science degree in TESOL. The successful completion of Humber College allows Humber students to move from the Humber TESL program to the Niagara University TESOL program with ease.
Niagara University’s Program Will:
- Prepare you to fill the demand for instructors who are able to successfully teach ESL students.
- Empower you to experience the satisfaction of enabling individuals to learn a new language and adapt to a new culture and way of life while experiencing unique multicultural opportunities.
- Support you as you gain knowledge of the theories, strategies and methods for teaching English language learners.
- Enable you to acquire an awareness and understanding of the sociocultural and sociolinguistic issues that impact the acquisition of English as an additional language.
- Assist you in building knowledge through a range of TESOL observations and teaching experiences under the supervision of outstanding mentor-teachers and field supervisors.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Students who have graduated from Humber College with a TESL Diploma (post-baccalaureate), with an overall average of (B or GPA 75%) will be eligible to apply for admission into this articulation program. All criteria and requirements that are set forth for the M.S. Ed. program must be met. It is noted that admission to Humber’s TEFL program requires the completion of a baccalaureate degree as well as approved College scores on language proficiency tests (TOEFL or IELS).
Degree students currently enrolled in the TESL program at Humber College can apply for the Master’s Degree Program at Niagara University during their second semester of study. At the start of Semester 2 at Humber, provided qualifications for admission are met, students would be allowed dual admission into Niagara University’s M.S. Ed. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program.