Dr. Sylvia Valentin, Ph.D., J.D.
Associate Professor of Education
- Office Location:
- Academic Complex, 330D
- Office Hours:
- Contact for Appointment
- Associate professor of early childhood/childhood education at Niagara University.
- Teaches courses in elementary education teaching methods, special education, TESOL and multicultural education.
- Experienced educator of culturally and linguistically diverse student populations (k-6).
- Holds New York State certifications in B-6 and Bilingual Education.
- J.D., from UB Law School (1997), concentrations in criminal law, education law and family law.
- Ph.D. in elementary education (1993) from University at Buffalo, concentrations in bilingual education, second language acquisition and bilingual special education.
- Ed.M in elementary education/Bilingual Education (1985)
- Research areas of interest include diversity issues in teacher education programs, preservice teachers’ attitudes towards diversity and achievement of English learners (ELs).