Getting Around


Here is some basic information to help you get settled at Niagara University.

All Niagara University students are required to live on campus for their freshman and sophomore years. If you decide to move off campus for the summer, please be aware of any lease you sign with a landlord that would require you to live in or pay for any housing during the regular school year. Your Niagara University housing contract requires you to pay for on-campus room and board for a two-year period. The housing contract is for the academic year only, and does not include summer housing.

Summer housing is available only if you are registered for summer classes.

All Niagara University students living on campus are required to leave the campus for extended breaks such as Thanksgiving, the winter recess and spring break. If you feel you will be unable to find a suitable off-campus location in which to stay during this time, you should strongly consider moving to O'Shea Hall for the school year. Living here allows you to remain on campus during the break periods, but you must move there for the entire year. This is the only residence hall that is open the entire academic year. If you have any questions about housing policy, stop by the Residence Life Office in O’Shea Hall or call 716.286.8100. 

The Student Health Center is located in the Butler Building, next to the Campus Book Store and is open six days a week to all students who have paid the Health Center fee and have submitted the required health record forms, including immunizations. Undergraduate students pay the fee automatically, but graduate students must pay a $50 fee each semester.

Staffing in the center consists of a full-time nurse practitioner/director, a part-time nurse health educator, four registered nurses and a part-time physician. Students may walk in and be evaluated by an RN according to protocols or have scheduled appointments with the nurse practitioner and a physician

Services provided include illness evaluation, strep screens, allergy vaccines, Pulmoaide treatments and medications which are dispensed when necessary. There is no charge to be seen in the center, but there may be a small charge for medications and some treatments done outside of the center. Students who require additional care can be referred to area hospitals or specialists.

The Student Health Center also provides health promotion/health education programming and information, as well as assistance with the completion of immunization requirements or management of insurance claims.

Students who carry the university-endorsed health insurance plan must report to the Student Health Center on campus for treatment to avoid high deductible charges. If the Student Health Center is closed or if the student is away from campus, any provider that is available may see them.

Please feel free to call 716.286.8390 or stop in at the Health Center with any questions or concerns you may have. For more information on health care please visit


Here are some resources you can utlitize when venturing off campus to shop, eat, or entertain yourself.

1000 Portage Rd.
Niagara Falls

1577 Military Rd.
Niagara Falls, N.Y.

7414 Niagara Falls Blvd.
Niagara Falls, N.Y. 14304

Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls, USA
1900 Military Rd.
Niagara Falls, N.Y. 14304

Walden Galleria Mall