Looking to get involved in violence prevention work? Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Stop by the Violence Prevention & Education Office and ask about our current efforts.
- Attend events such as Take Back The Night and Surviving...Thriving: A Journey of Healing Through Art.
- Sign up for our Green Dot Bystander Intervention Training.
- Hold a fundraiser for our Community Providers or a National Violence Prevention Organization (e.g., RAINN, Futures Without Violence, OneLove, Pinnacle Community Services, YWCA of the Niagara Frontier, Niagara County Sheriffs Victim Assistance Unit).
- Spread the word on social media by providing resources, tools, and information on violence prevention and healthy relationships.
- Engage in proactive behaviors that contribute to a violence-free community and uplift others.
Get involved in the community
- Donate items to Pinnacle Community Services' Passage House (shelter for survivors of domestic violence and their children) and Casey House (the only emergency shelter in the county for runaway and homeless youth).
- Donate items to the YWCA of the Niagara Frontier's Carolyn's House (shelter for survivors of domestic violence and their children).
* please contact the YWCA at 716.433.6714 for items needed.
- Volunteer and serve as a Certified Rape Crisis Advocate through the YWCA of the Niagara Frontier. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. No prior training or experience is required.
- Support and attend events hosted by the YWCA of the Niagara Frontier