Niagara University "More to Come in 2021"
Spring Semester Update
Niagara University will continue to adapt plans to follow the evolving guidance from federal, state/province, and local health officials, and using data and lessons learned to improve the spring restart strategies.
New York State Department of Health
Niagara University continues to follow guidance from leading health organizations, including the New York State Department of Health.
Niagara County Department of Health Vaccine Information
Use this site to determine eligibility and to schedule an appointment (required) at a New York State-run vaccination site. Niagara County Department of Health
Academic Calendar Information
The academic calendar is the cornerstone of the university operations, and it has been amended for the spring semester. The academic calendars for both Lewiston and Vaughan are on this link. A few highlights:
- The spring semester will begin Thursday, Jan. 28, 2021, for undergraduate students on the Lewiston campus and will continue until Friday, May 7, with a reading day scheduled Monday, May 10. Final exams will be held in person from May 11-18.
- The traditional spring break has been eliminated and the Easter break has been significantly shortened as well. BPS students in Vaughan will follow the Ontario P-12 school district calendar for spring break.
- There will be four “Self-Care” days without classes during the semester, including Good Friday, which will allow students and faculty a moment to pause and relax during the semester.
- Students enrolled in our graduate programs in both Lewiston and Vaughan will follow the posted calendar, with Saturday offerings that run in five-week cycles starting on Jan. 23, 2021.
- Commencement for Lewiston graduate students will be on Thursday, May 20, and commencement for Lewiston undergraduate students will be on Saturday, May 22. Commencement in Vaughan is scheduled for Thursday, June 3.
Resident Life Information
Student Affairs has finalized the move-in dates for resident students. While the semester begins on Thursday, Jan. 28, residence halls will re-open Sunday, Jan. 24, to allow for travel plans. Dining and meal plans begin on Jan. 27, so students who arrive early should be prepared to cover meals for the first few days.