Student Life - Athletics
Students will continue to experience the hallmarks of Niagara University’s student life--a joyful community and academic collaboration--despite the restrictions that the pandemic imposes.
Education will be provided for all members of the university community to ensure understanding of general guidelines and specific regulations for maintaining a healthy environment. In addition, personal responsibility, contribution to the common good, and attention to equity and access will be emphasized to provide a safe environment for all students. Appropriate arrangements will be available for those who are vulnerable, and the physical, mental, and emotional needs of students will be met with appropriate measures from across student services.
- To ensure that our campus meets and exceeds even the most stringent of health and safety guidelines when students return to Niagara in August, our Summer Orientation sessions have been shifted to a multifaceted, engaging online experience.
- New student move-in begins Thursday, Aug. 20. Resident students will receive specific information about their move-in day and time from the Office of Residence Life.
- Single-occupancy residential arrangements are preferred, and each student in traditional residence halls will be provided individual living quarters either in existing residences or in off-campus housing. Choices for double occupancy will be based on health and safety protocols. Distancing protocols will be in place in common areas of the resident halls, including restrooms.
- Enhanced virtual programming and traditional programming that maintains COVID-19 compliance will be available for student clubs and organizations.
- Niagara’s great athletic tradition will be ensured through restructured athletic facilities and modifications to training, travel, and competition protocols to emphasize the health and safety of our scholar-athletes.
- New and exciting virtual career fairs and hybridized and remote internships will be developed with the cooperation of our business and education partners.