Federal Aid Programs

All federal programs require the recipient to be enrolled as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program at the university, a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen, registered with the selective service if applicable, and not be convicted for the sale or possession of drugs.

Federal Pell Grants

The applicant must be enrolled as an undergraduate student  who has not earned a bachelor’s degree.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

The applicant must be: (1) in exceptional financial need; and (2) enrolled as an undergraduate student toward a first baccalaureate degree.

Federal Work-Study Program (FWSP)

Niagara University makes employment reasonably available to all eligible students in the institution who are in need of financial aid.

Federal Stafford Student Loan Program (Subsidized)

The Federal Stafford Student Loan Program is an entitlement program in which all eligible applicants can obtain a loan. If you have a subsidized Federal Stafford Loan, the federal government pays the interest on the loan while you’re in school or in deferment.

Federal Stafford Loan Program (Unsubsidized)

This loan is available to dependent undergraduate students. Unlike subsidized loans, the borrower is responsible for paying the interest that accrues while attending school and during deferment periods.

Need assistance understanding our federal aid programs? Reach out! 

Contact Financial Aid