Faculty & Staff Giving
As a member of Niagara’s internal community you are one of the university’s greatest resources and most passionate supporters. You create our community every day by investing your time and talent in the university and our students. You can extend your contributions to include philanthropy by making a personally significant gift each year.
How to Give
- Payroll Deduction: Payroll deduction is an easy way to make your annual donation through installments. You may initiate a deduction at any time. View the payroll deduction form that the Institutional Advancement office will process with Payroll.
- Give Online: Use our secure online giving platform.
- Give by Mail: P.O. Box 2008 | Niagara University, N.Y. 14109
- Give by Phone: Call us at 716.286.8790
- Planned Giving: To discuss future gifts to Niagara of your retirement plan assets, life insurance, or gifts through your will or revocable trust, contact the Marilyn Koren at 716.286.8791. You can also learn more at https://myniagaralegacy.org/
Why is philanthropic support to Niagara important?
Niagara relies on a combination of revenue and philanthropy to supply our budget. Each year, it becomes increasingly important for NU to fund a bigger portion of the budget from philanthropy; thereby, decreasing our reliance on tuition revenue. At present, 98% of Niagara students receive some form of financial aid, and most of that assistance provided by Niagara. Institutional aid is critical to helping to make an exceptional Niagara education possible and accessible to even more students.
Can I designate my gift?
Tell us where to direct your support--student scholarships, a specific school or academic program, department or facilities. If you don't have a preference, we encourage you to choose the Niagara Annual Fund.
How much should I contribute?
You determine the size and designation of your gift according to your own priorities and capacity. Gifts of all sizes are both appreciated and count toward our participation rate. High participation among faculty, staff, and administrators stands as an endorsement of the university.
What is payroll deduction?
Payroll deduction is one of the most convenient ways for faculty, staff, and administrators to make an annual gift. You simply indicate the amount you would like automatically deducted from each paycheck, the start date, and where your support should be designated. Deductions can be established as ongoing, or one-time. Payroll deduction can be a great way to spread out payments and ensure a certain total for the year.
Many companies and corporations match charitable gifts by their employees. Ask your spouse if they work for a matching gift company/corporation and your gift will be counted double. Please have your spouse check their human resource office for their matching gift forms.