Earth Day 2015 "It's Our Turn to Lead"
Earth Day Network’s global theme for Earth Day 2015: It’s Our Turn to Lead. For many, climate change seems like a remote problem, but the reality is that it’s already affecting people, animals and places around the world. A change needs to be made.
Yes it’s possible, but only in a world where all countries commit to a low carbon future. We’ve got the technology. All we need is the will. Sustainability is the answer to development—the only answer. But it won’t end with Earth Day. We need the movement to think ahead. Source – http://www.earthday.org/2015
Schedule of Events at NU
- Blood Drive 9 a.m.-4 p.m. - Gallagher Center, Lower Level MPR
- Eco-Fair 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. - Gallagher Center, Lower Level: Local green business and environmental organizations will be at NU to inform the community of ways to get involved and to promote local businesses to bring the community together in a sustainable way.
- Sustainability Meeting 12:20-1:15 p.m. – Gallagher Center, Lower Level, Room 110: Information on the President’s Commitment to Climate Change.
- "Sustainability is Not an Island: What We Can Learn About Going Green from Different Economies and Efforts" Panel Discussion 4 - 5 p.m. - Golisano, Room 101:
We're not alone in our sustainability efforts, and we need to learn from each other. Come to this exciting talk by Niagara's Hugh Cresser (what we've learned in Jamaica) and Dr. David Reilly (what we can learn from Cuba), and Leadership Niagara's Molly Anderson to state what is being done locally regarding local leaders.
- All Day – Geocaching: Complete the trail and clues to win an NU water bottle!
- Sustainable Experiments Student Presentation 8:10-9:30 a.m. - Gallagher Center, Lower Level, MPR
- Environmentally Sustainable Business Practices Student Presentation 9:40-11 a.m. - Gallagher Center, Lower Level, MPR
- Witmer Road University Celebration - 11:30 a.m. - Witmer Road entrance
- New York Power Authority Celebrates Earth Day 10 a.m.-4 p.m. - Niagara Power Vista