What is an Emergency?
- A suicidal gesture, stated intention, or attempt
- Behavior posing a threat to the individual
- Behavior or stated intention posing a threat to others
- Demonstrated inability to care for oneself
Any reference to a consideration of suicide threat of suicide, or attempt at suicide should be judged as extremely serious and a referral to Counseling Services is strongly advised. If the reference includes the how, when, where, or other specifics of suicide plans, immediate response is critical.
On Campus Emergencies During Business Hours
Counseling Services staff are available in Seton Hall to assist with a mental health emergencies that occur on campus during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.). We may be contacted by calling our office directly at 716.286.8536 (Ext. 8536) or by contacting Campus Safety 716.286.8111 (Ext. 8111).
On Campus Emergencies After Hours and On Weekends
For on-campus emergencies that occur after hours and on weekends, Counseling Services staff is available for consultation by contacting Campus Safety at 716.286.8111 (Ext. 8111). Student may also contact their CA to access the residence director on call or access the RD on call themselves. Students may also directly contact Niagara County Crisis Services at 716.285.3515.
Off Campus Emergencies
In the event that a mental health emergency occurs while students are off campus, students may contact Niagara County Crisis Services at 716.285.3515 or call the local police by dialing 911.
Suicide Prevention Hotlines
- 1.800.273.TALK (8255) - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1.800.SUICIDE (7842433) - Hopeline
- 1.800.273.8255 - Veteran's Suicide Prevention
RAPE Crisis Services
- Niagara County Rape Crisis Services & Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse Program
- Domestic Violence -1.800.799.SAFE (7233)
- Mental Health Association of Niagara County
- Rape Crisis Provider Project (NY)
Distress Center Niagara
- 24/7 Emotional Support and intervention
- Free and confidential service
- St. Catharines, Niagara Falls And Area 905.688.3711
- Port Colborne, Wainfleet and Area 905.734.1212
- Fort Erie and Area 905.382.0689
- Grimsby, West Lincoln 905.563.6674
- Distress Centre Niagara