Regrettably, the CCTL Committee has made the difficult decision to postpone the conference, given the growing concern about COVID-19. All registration fees will be automatically refunded. More details about the new conference date will be published here as they become available. Thank you for your understanding.
18th CCTL Conference at Niagara University (Lewiston, N.Y.) on March 28, 2020.
Niagara University’s conference on 'Teaching and Learning' will be held on Saturday, March 28, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
This year's keynote speaker is Dr. Bill Coplin, professor of policy studies and the director of the policy studies program of the Maxwell School at Syracuse University. He will be sharing advice from his recent book The Happy Professor: How to Teach Undergraduates and Feel Good about It.
More than 30 sessions are offered. Some highlights include:
- Incorporating team-based learning approaches
- Strategies for improving online teaching
- Active and integrative assessments
8:00 am - 5:15 pm
- $30 for Niagara University Faculty
- $45 for Niagara County Community College Faculty
- $75 for all others
Planning Your Visit
We will email you information about where to park on campus closer to the event, but you can book your hotel early. There are numerous hotels to choose from in the region. We recommend staying in downtown Niagara Falls, which is within 5 miles of Niagara University.
In Niagara Falls, the following hotels are within walking distance of the American and Canadian Falls:
- DoubleTree by Hilton We have reserved a block of rooms at the DoubleTree. The CCTL Conference rate is $129. Conference attendees can also call the hotel directly at 1-716-524-3333 and reference the group code: CCT.
- Hyatt Place Niagara Falls
- The Giacomo
Bring your passport if you are interested in visiting the Canadian side of the Falls. You can drive or walk across the Rainbow Bridge.
Conference Rate: $129/night
Group Code: CCT
If you have questions about the annual CCTL conference, please contact Rachael Rossi, Faculty Development Coordinator at 716-286-8120 or email@example.com for more information.