In the fall semester, students will complete an initial proposal that describes their ideas. The fall will be used to examine the problem, brainstorm, and flesh out ideas, while the spring will be used to detail business plans. The initial proposal will have three parts:
- A 3-5 page concept paper explaining the idea in more depth.
- A 2-5 minute video introducing the team and idea to the world.
- A brief overview of the business plan using Business Model Canvas.
It will be judged on four criteria
- Impact – The plan seems likely to make a significant impact on the community.
- Feasibility – The plan can be implemented fairly quickly and easily.
- Sustainability – The plan should be able to operate continuously for a sustained period of time.
- Creativity – The plan is creative, innovative, and takes on the problem from a new angle.
Rules and Timeline
- Teams must consist of 2-5 students.
- All team members must be current students at Niagara University.
- Each team must have at least one undergraduate student.
- Teams should officially register by Oct. 10.
- A team representative must attend an EntrepreNU-organized community event in October.
- Proposals must be submitted by midnight on Tuesday, Nov. 25.
- A judging panel will choose semifinalists.
- Students will vote for their favorites among the semifinalists’ videos.
- Finalists will be announced before the end of the semester and are eligible for three $500 awards.
- The final teams will be provided with mentors and resources to further develop their proposals.
- $10,000 in start-up funding will be awarded during the spring 2015 semester.