Finding an Internship
While the Communication Studies Department and the Cooperative Education Program will provide leads to current internships, it is ultimately the student’s responsibility to find an internship. There are several ways to do this:
- Visit the Career Services Office in Bailo Hall.
- Search the Get Hired Portal powered by Handshake
- Contact employers directly.
- Talk to your academic adviser.
Not sure what internship is right for you? Check out Internship Reflection papers from past interns for some guidance: CMS Student Intern Reports
- After identifying a prospective internship, talk to your faculty adviser about registering for academic credit.
- Complete any requirements the prospective employer may have. This might include submitting a resume and portfolio, and/or completing a telephone or in-person interview.
- Complete the required hours for the internship experience.
- Submit all required material needed for evaluation and submit journal and portfolio to faculty supervisor.
- Ensure that the site supervisor submits the required evaluation of the intern's work performance.