How To Apply
- Apply for admission and receive acceptance.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by Feb 15. This form is available in the financial aid office or on the Internet.
- Explore university-wide grants and scholarships and determine your qualifications and observe deadlines.
Application Procedures: Application is made through the Niagara University Financial Aid Office, which is responsible for determining eligibility and award amounts.
Selection of Recipients and Allocation of Awards: The applicant must (1) be enrolled at least half time; 2) demonstrate financial need; and 3) meet specific conditions of the scholarships, if any. Awards vary.
The Mark J. and Deborah A. Bonner Scholarship Fund
This fund was established in January 2006 by Mark J. Bonner, '75, to further the educational training of accountants. The income earned by this endowed scholarship fund will be used for the education of undergraduate students attending Niagara University who are pursuing an accounting degree in the College of Business Administration.
- Annual award shall be made to a Niagara University student (sophomore, junior or senior status) undergraduate accounting student in the College of Business Administration.
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00.
- Show financial need.
Armand & Eleanor Castellani Scholarship
Awarded to a full-time transfer student in the College of Business Administration from Western New York with a minimum transfer QPA of 3.00.
David A. DiChiara Memorial Scholarship
Awarded to a senior business major in the College of Business Administration. Award amount varies.
- Applicant must be a resident of Niagara County.
- Have leadership qualities.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to community service in Niagara County.
- Show financial need.
Louis S. Genovese Accounting Scholarship Award
Awarded to an accounting major in the fall semester of their senior year. Award amount varies.
- Applicants must be from the local area.
- Have a good average.
Helen K. & Everett W. Ockerman Scholarship
Full-tuition awarded to an incoming freshman who will be a full-time student enrolled in the College of Business Administration, as a management department major.
- Applicant must have graduated in the top 15 percent of their high school class.
- Maintain a "B" average in their area of major concentration.
Alfonso Oddo Accounting Scholarship
Awarded to an accounting major.
Peter J. and Mary Pinzotti Award
Awarded to an upper class management department major. Award amount varies.
- Applicant must be a Niagara or Erie County resident.
- Have a QPA of 3.0 or better.
David T. Potter Memorial Scholarship
Awarded to an incoming freshman or transfer business major for a maximum of four years.
- Applicant must show unmet financial need.
Awarded to a student who plans to enter the field of medicine or business. Award amount varies.
- Applicant must be a resident of Western New York.
- Rank in the top 10 percent of their high school class.
- Have SAT scores over 1200.
Oscar F. Steinwachs '39 Scholarship
Awarded to students in the College of Business with preference to students who demonstrate financial need.
Steven A. Wandtke Memorial Scholarship
Awarded to incoming freshman or transfer student based on financial need and record of voluntary community service, with preference to students in the College of Business Administration.
Joseph C. and Kathryn Q. Weber Memorial Scholarship
Awarded to an undergraduate business major. Award amount varies.
- Applicant must be a commuter student and a resident of the Niagara Falls area.