Prof. Kevin Di Camillo
- Office Location:
- Dunleavy 344
Kevin T. Di Camillo is a Senior Lecturer in English specializing in Business Communications, Modernism and poetry. In addition to his work at N.U., Prof. Di Camillo is a member of the fourth generation at Di Camillo Bakery.
- B.A.: Niagara University, 1992: Major: English. Minor: Business Commerce
- M.A.: University of Notre Dame, 1995: Thesis: Why I Drive Alfa Romeos (published 1997)
- Doctoral and University Research Fellow: Saint John's University, New York, 1997-1999
- Harvard University: Graduate Poetry Workshop, School of Continuing Education, 1992
- Skidmore College: New York State Writers' Institute, 1993
- Twin Elms Writers' Centre, Princeton, New Jersey, 1993
- Yale School of Management, Publishing Course, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016
"Jean Fouquet's The Melun Diptych: Weaning in Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling, and Melanie Klein's Guilt, Love and Reparation: ”A Study in Kenosis and Theosis" January 20, 2020, American Philosophical Association Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- Now Chiefly Poetical, BlazeVOX Books, fall 2017
- Wild Dreams: The Best of Italian Americana, edited by JoAnna Clapps Hermann and Carol Bonomo Albright, Summer 2008, NY: Fordham University Press.
- John Paul II in the Holy Land: In His Own Words, edited by Kevin Di Camillo and Lawrence Boadt. Mahwah, NJ: Stimulus Books, 2005
- Occasionally Yours (& Others), Typographeum Press, October 1999
- Why I Drive Alfa Romeos & Other Excuses, Typographeum Press, 1997
- "Air: Fin.", The Antigonish Review, issue number 151, spring 2008.
- "The Gradual Calm: part CXXI", www.opiummagazine.com, 11/25/2007
- "Were All There", Daedalus: Journal of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences, fall 2006 (cover).
- from "The Gradual Calm: part CXXXIV", Prairie Fire, winter 2006.
- from "The Gradual Calm: part CXXXIV", The Bend, 2006, number 3.
- from "The Gradual Calm: part CXXII", The National Poetry Review, spring/summer 2005, vol. 3, number 1.
- from "The Gradual Calm: part CXXIII", Italian Americana, winter 2000, Vol. XVIII, number 1.
- "July 4", James Joyce Quarterly, spring 1999, Vol. 36, number 3.
- "The Gradual Calm", Italian Americana, fall 1999
- "July 4", James Joyce Quarterly, fall 1999
- "The Beautiful Monk", Notre Dame Review #8, fall 1999
- "Of Sighs", The Buffalo News, Sunday, 6 April 1997
- "What Tina Says" and "There is no West Kingston", ArtVoice, #21 vol.8, 28 May 1997
- "January 13", James Joyce Quarterly, vol. 33.3, spring 1996
- "The Man with the Olive Loaf Tie", Slipstream, #14, spring 1994
- "Why I Drive Alfa Romeos", Italian Americana, vol. XII, #1, fall/winter 1993
- "Last Year's Palms", America, vol. 168, #19, 29 May 1993, (cover)
- "February 2", James Joyce Quarterly, vol. 30.3, spring 1993
"La Palme dell'anno Scorso" ["Last Year's Palms"] in La Valle del Tirino (Nuova Serie), v. XXXIII, #37, March 1994, Italian translation by Joseph Frasca
Foley Poetry Prize, America Magazine, May 1992
John Devine Award for Excellence in English, May 1992
Twin Elms Writers' Center International Haiku Prize, May 1993
Poetry Society of America
American Academy of Poets
Saint Mark's Poetry Project
Just Buffalo Literary Center
Modern Language Association
Soren Kierkegaard Society
American Philosophical Association
United States Chess Federation
National Council of Teachers of English
The Mariological Society of America