Charge and Goals
Incorporate sustainability into the life of Niagara University. Sustainability is the ability of current generations to meet their needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet theirs.
- Educate and explore opportunities to improve or develop new educational programs that highlight sustainability on campus and, ultimately, in the community.
- Bring environmental change to the campus by identifying environmentally responsible practices and facilitating positive actions.
- Determine the best way to conserve and utilize energy on our campus.
- Promote the reduction, reuse and recycling of materials on our campus.
- Incorporate green initiatives into all building projects, with the goal that new buildings would be healthy, energy and resource efficient, and qualify for LEED certification.
- Evaluate progress and communicate what Niagara is doing to protect the environment to the university community.
- Help plan for the university to go carbon Neutral by 2050.