Canvas Information for Faculty
We welcome you to explore the resources here to prepare you for offering your course on Canvas!
Need some Canvas training or need a quick question answered?
Faculty nodes are available in each college to assist with Canvas related questions. In addition to this peer support, IT is also available to assist as needed. For assistance, simply open a ticket.
Quick Overview of the Canvas Process
- All courses are automatically created in Canvas, with all instructors and students assigned to them. All courses are unpublished by default, so until the instructor publishes them, students will not see them. There is no need to request that your course be created.
- If material needs to come over from Blackboard, please request migration by openeing a ticket.
- As students drop courses, they will be AUTOMATICALLY dropped from Canvas courses. No action is needed on your part as an instructor.
- Course sections can be combined into one section for convenience.
Quick Video Tutorials
- Attendance (Roll Call)
- Course Import Tool
- Course Navigation
- Courses and Sections
- External Apps (LTI)
- Global Navigation
- Profile and User Settings
- Rich Content Editor
- Web Services