Canadian Tax Forms

Eligible students will receive an email explaining how to download and print  the TL11A or TL11C tax form each year during late January or early February. The Student Accounts Office will provide Canadian tax forms to students that are Canadian citizens or if they need the forms to complete their Canadian taxes. Since Niagara University is located outside of Canada, we can certify a student's eligibility for the tuition and education amounts on this form. Students show the transfer of tuition and education amounts to a designated individual of their choice on the form. If you are designated as an American citizen but live in Canada, please call us, so we can provide you with the proper tax form.If you are a Canadian citizen, DO NOT use the 1098T form, as Revenue Canada will not accept it.  

Student may view and print their TL11A  or TL11C forms electronically through their myNU account. Once logged into myNU, click "Resource" at the top of the page.  Choose the "Canadian Tax Form" option. Complete the consent to view the form and then you will be able to view and print your TL11A or TL1C. If you are having difficulties with this and want us to mail or fax a copy to you, please contact the Student Accounts Office or by phone at 716.286.8300. If a form is not available on your myNU account, please email us so we can generate one for you. (We generally have to  add students who have dual citizenships or are not Canadian citizens.) Do not use the 1098T form if you are filing Canadian taxes as it will not be accepted by Revenue Canada.

Form T2202

Canadians who attend school in Canada will have a T2202 form completed for them.  You will receive an email in January notifying you the form is available.  You would go to myNU, click on "Resources" at the top of the page and then on "Canadian Tax Forms" to print your form.