The College of Business Administration provides opportunities for junior and senior students to participate in the Internship Program enabling them to gain both paid work experience and academic credit. This increases career choices for students and often opens the door to full-time employment after graduation.
Niagara business students have interned at a variety of companies including:
- Accounting firms such as Chiampou Travis Besaw & Kershner and Freed Maxick
- Financial institutions including Bank of America, M&T Bank and KeyBank
- Marketing interns at The Clorox Company, Rich Products, Rosina Foods and Wegmans
- Organizations such as Buffalo Bisons, Citi and Ingram Micro.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a junior, senior, or graduate student enrolled in a degree program.
- Have 15 NU credits in declared academic major.
- Have advised elective credits available.
- Be approved for the internship by your department chairperson.
While on internship assignments, students interact with fellow employees and managers. Students learn valuable interpersonal and communication skills. They learn how organizations are structured, how responsibility is assigned and how evaluations are done. The program allows students to participate in two internship experiences without extending college study beyond four years. This enables students taking part in the program to graduate with their classmates.
Our Get Hired Portal powered by Handshake provides students and alumni the opportunity to view and apply for part-time and full-time jobs and internships.
For more information contact the Career Services office.