Barbara Malinowski,'59, Honored with Community Leader Award
The National Federation for Just Communities of Western New York presented a Community Leader Award to Barbara Malinowski, '59, during a luncheon held Jan. 29, 2014, at the Buffalo Convention Center.
The event honors individuals who have made outstanding contributions in the area of sisterhood and brotherhood in the community.
Malinowski was recognized for her advocacy and service on healthcare issues, especially those pertaining to those most vulnerable.
Malinowski is a parish nurse coordinator at Mount St. Mary's Hospital, and is very active in Niagara University's Alumni Association and Nursing Alumni Council. She also established and coordinates the health ministry program at the Heart, Love and Soul food pantry in Niagara Falls.
- Vickie Swinehart, ’81: Ensuring the Health of Her Community
- Reducing the Stigma Around Suicide
- Protecting Her Community Behind the Scenes
- From the Bureau to the Bard
- Bringing NU Nursing’s Legacy of Caring Around the World
Alumni in the News
- Niagara County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Thomas C. Beatty, '79, honored for career achievements
- 11 Women of Distinction honored in 5th annual banquet
- Monica Saltarelli, '86, is one of 11 Women of Distinction honored by the Tonawanda News
- Kate Karyus Quinn, '01, shares advice with aspiring young writers
- Five Questions: Tom Rinaldi
- Tom Rinaldi, '71, talks about emergency preparedness training in the Troy, N.Y., area
- David Urban, '88, named a partner at Chiampou Travis Besaw & Kershner LLP