Niagara University Alumni Weekend - COVID-19 GUIDELINES
Niagara University approved Alumni Weekend with the Restart Niagara Team, Public Health Team, Department of Health, and Senior Leadership and will continue to adhere to NYS and CDC guidelines on gatherings. All NU staff and catering will need to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 staff prior to the weekend, regardless of attendee numbers. Masks will be enforced when you are not sitting, eating, or drinking.
NU Event Gathering Guidelines Effective as of April 7:
- 100 patrons indoor, 200 outdoor. Testing will not be required while staying within these guidelines. Proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test (72 hours prior to the event) will be required is capacity is above 100 indoor / 200 outdoor for any given event.
- Masks will also be required except while sitting, eating, or drinking. Niagara University will follow all NYS event protocols to ensure a safe and responsible weekend.
- All NU staff and catering will be tested prior to the weekend.
- 1970 Golden Eagle: Indoor, Capacity limit 100. If 100 is exceeded, all attendees will be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test 72 hours prior to Alumni Weekend.
- Class Reunion: Outdoors, no testing required at this time.
- 50+: Will gather separately in the Dwyer Premium Lounge.
- Niagara at Night: The Doubletree will follow the same guidelines and social distancing measures. The event will be split into two groups/ballrooms to allow for more space and attendees. If either group exceeds 100 (150 capacity limit per group/ballroom), testing/proof of vaccination will be required. The Doubletree staff will check this upon entry to the event.
- We are still in the final stages of registration locations and hours.
- 50+ attendees will have their own registration upon entry into their event on Friday evening in Dwyer.
- All others will check in at a specific location on campus. More information forthcoming.
- All attendees will receive NU hand sanitizer, which will also be accessible at each event.
Doubletree by Hilton:
- The Doubletree by Hilton is currently following NYS and Niagara County Guidelines regarding gatherings and group events due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Any updated guideline that is applicable at time of event will be enforced by hotel.