Applying for Nonimmigrant Student Visa
Each applicant for a student visa must submit these forms and documentation as explained below. This information has been taken from the US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs website. It is highly recommended that all students visit this site for the most updated and relevant information.
You will need:
- A SEVIS generated Form I-20, which is provided to you by Niagara University. You and your designated school official (DSO) must sign the I-20 form.
- The Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, i.e., the Form DS-160. Visit the DS-160 to learn more about the DS-160 online application process.
- A passport valid for travel to the United States, with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay (unless otherwise exempt).
- One (1) 2x2 photograph. This must be in line with the required photo format.
- An MRV fee receipt to show payment of the visa application fee.
- The SEVIS I-901 fee receipt.
All applicants should carry the following documents to the visa interview:
- Transcripts and diplomas from all institutions attended.
- Scores from standardized tests required by the educational institution, such as the TOEFL, SAT, GRE, or GMAT, etc.
- Financial evidence showing proof of sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period of your intended study.
- Other documents as required in specific countries
Please Note: Visas cannot be issued earlier than four (4) months before the program state date that is listed on the Form I-20. Also, students cannot use their visa to enter the United States earlier than 30 days prior to the program start date, as listed on the Form I-20.
Additional Visa Information:
The following links will provide you with detail information regarding the process of applying for a student visa:
Connect with our Admissions Office!