Niagara University's College of Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) through 2024.
Individual programs within the College of Education hold additional accreditation as follows:
- The adolescence education programs in English, grades 7-12 (Undergraduate) and grades 5-12 (Graduate) are accredited by NCTE through 2023 and 2025 respectively.
- The adolescence education program in Math, grades 7-12 (Undergraduate) is accredited by NCTM through 2025.
- The adolescence education programs in Social Studies, grades 7-12 (Undergraduate) and grades 5-12 (graduate) are accredited by NCSS through 2025.
- The early childhood and childhood program in grades B-6 (Undergraduate and Graduate) are accredited by NAEYC and ACEI through 2025.
- The special education programs in childhood (grades 1-6) and adolescence (grades 7-12), at both the undergraduate and graduate level were accredited by CEC through 2022 and will be reviewed by CAEP in 2024.
- The teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) undergraduate program is accredited by TESOL through 2023.
- The school psychology master of science in Education program is accredited by NASP through 2028.
- The literacy instruction program in grades B-6 and 6-12 were accredited by ILA through 2022 and will be reviewed by CAEP in 2024.
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Programs (CACREP) through 2024.