Class of 1970
Class of 1970 Scholarship Endowment to Be Established at Alumni Weekend
June 4-6, 2021
June 4 - 5:30 p.m.
Class of 1970 Golden Eagle Celebration
- Celebrate 50 golden years! A special anniversary dinner will be held in the Russell J. Salvatore Dining Commons (formerly Clet Hall), in which you will receive the university’s official Golden Eagle alumni pin from President, Rev. James Maher, C.M. This event is exclusive for 1970 and will be completely separate from anything else on campus.
- Registration/check-in information forthcoming.
- A virtual option will be available. Please contact (Jaclyn Rossi) Jaclyn Rossi directly if you do not plan to attend alumni weekend and will join virtually. If this event reaches over 100 attendees, a PCR negative test or vaccination proof will be required.
- Dress Code: Business Casual (Business casual dress for men examples: Shirts with collars (without a tie), golf-type shirts, dress shirts, sweaters, and slacks/khakis/golf-type shorts. Women: Casual dresses, skirts, dress slacks, blouses, sweaters, etc.)
- All NU staff/catering will be tested or need to show proof of vaccination prior to alumni weekend.
- Friday night you will be completely separate from anyone else on campus.
- Saturday "Niagara at Night" will be divided into two groups - I will look into 1970 and 50+ as the 1 room and all others for the other.
The 50th reunion of the Class of 1970 will mark a tremendous milestone in the lives of these Niagara alumni. It will also provide a wonderful opportunity for classmates to expand their support of NU by making a special commitment to the university.
A few years ago, a small group of committed classmates had the idea that the Class of 1970 could make a lasting impact on the university by establishing an endowed scholarship--a fund that would provide financial assistance to NU students in perpetuity. It was also believed that starting to fundraise for this scholarship well in advance of their 50th reunion, now re-scheduled for 2021, would allow plenty of time to achieve an audacious goal of $250,000.
The purpose of the Scholarship is restricted to support full-time undergraduate students at Niagara University in good standing with a minimum GPA of 90 or 3.0 and who have demonstrated a financial need. The need is great, as 99% percent of all students receive some type of financial support.
To date, with the effort of many generous donors, more than $220,000 in gifts and pledges have been received toward this historic class gift. Hopefully, this goal can be met and possibly exceeded, but only with your help.
If you have not yet given to the Class of 1970 Scholarship Endowment, today is the day to do just that. With a gift of any size, you can help the Class of 1970 reach this goal!
To make a gift or pledge, please contact Marilyn Koren, Gift Officer at NU, at email@example.com or call 716.286.8791. Checks can be made payable to “Niagara University” and mailed to: Niagara University, Office of Institutional Advancement, P.O. Box 2008, Niagara University, NY 14109. Please note on the check memo line: 1970 Class Gift.
To make your gift online: https://support.niagara.edu/donate
For more information about this scholarship, please email Allan Gray, ’70.
Thank you for your support.