Why Niagara University's Specialist in Developmental Disabilities Program?
- Prepares students for employment in a variety of settings serving clients with developmental disabilities.
- Assists students in developing an understanding of the methods used in working with and supporting persons with developmental disabilities.
- Prepares students to implement behavior modification plans using positive reinforcement techniques.
- Prepares students to instruct and supervise persons with developmental disabilities.
- Enables students to observe and record data related to student behavior and work performance.
- Provides students with knowledge of the laws and guidelines pertaining to individuals with disabilities.