Why Niagara University’s School Counseling Program?
- Listed in Reader’s Digest as a “recession-proof” career.
- One of nine hot job fields by the Bureau of Labor Statistics/Occupational Information Network.
- Ranked as one of the “top 50 occupations with the most openings” by Career Onestop.
- Projects promise and employment opportunities for the future across the United States.
- New York State Department of Labor projects an 8 percent annual increase in jobs as educational, career and school counselors until 2016.
- The National Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 14 percent increase in jobs nationally through 2018 as educational, career and school counselors.
- According to the National Bureau of Labor Statistics, 20 states have projected annual increases in counseling jobs higher than New York ranging from 9 to 35 percent growth rate through 2018.
- All undergraduate degrees can apply.