In order to accurately document your required service learning projects for your official transcripts, the following policies must be adhered to:
- Projects can be arranged by contacting the Learn and Serve office. Your professor or someone from Learn and Serve must approve any service learning projects not affiliated with the agencies listed in the Community Service Booklet.
- All service-learning contracts must be submitted by Monday, Feb. 4, 2013.
- All service projects must be completed and appraisals signed by the agency representative or site volunteer coordinator by Friday, April 26, 2013.
- Students will be responsible for contacting the agency regarding any missed service sessions due to illness, etc.
- Contact the agency representative, your professor, or the Learn and Serve office with any questions or concerns you may have.
- If you need transportation, the Learn and Serve office can provide that for you. After you are approved for your placement, you can apply for transportation online by clicking here.
Learn and Serve has numerous service opportunities and can make suggestions for your projects. We are working with the agencies on an ongoing basis and can keep you informed on our community's needs. Please feel free to utilize our resources!
All of us in the Learn and Serve office look forward to working with you. We hope your service experiences make a difference in your life as well as in the lives of others.