News & Activities
Seminar: Purchasing & Supply Management
- May 15, 2013
- 8:30am — 3:30pm
- Niagara University
As Supply Chain Management evolves so does the level of emphasis and awareness that spotlights procurement both in terms of responsibility and from an organizational perspective.
Learn about this along with supplier evaluation, ethics, negotiating, international sourcing in a world economy, and the sourcing of services.
In this short course, see what is expected of Purchasing to be a meaningful contributor to the overall success of the organization.
- Evaluate the role of purchasing relative to strategic versus tactical decision making and implementation.
- Look at cross-functional teams comprised of both internal and external participants that represent a myriad of disciplines and levels of expertise.
- Evolve from an adversarial relationship to one of collaboration that can convert vendors into strategic partners.
- Consider whether it’s always about price or is it more important to focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Future trends in data and information exchange and the role of purchasing.