Mission & Goals
The Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies program offers an opportunity to explore the political, historical, social, and religious aspects of the Middle East and Islamic societies elsewhere. Thus its focus is regional and interdisciplinary. At the completion of this minor students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the historical and religious development of the Middle East and Islamic
- demonstrate an understanding of cultural diversity issues on a global scale, with a special concentration in the Middle East and the Muslim world.
- think critically, write clearly and communicate effectively through oral means.
- demonstrate a familiarity with methodologies of different fields, and to apply concepts from these fields to better understand the Middle East and the Muslim world.
- demonstrate advanced research ability in the field of Middle East/ Islamic Studies.