- November 10, 2012
- 6:30pm — 9:30pm
- Lancaster Office of Emergency Management, 321 Columbia Avenue in Depew
Please complete Online Enrollment Form to register for this class and indicate that you are enrolling in the Lancaster Class.
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training is a FREE citizen preparedness course that includes academic and hands-on instruction, as well as a disaster training exercise. It is designed to prepare you to help yourself, family and neighbors in the event of a catastrophic disaster. Emergency personnel may not be able to help everyone immediately so you can make a difference by using CERT training to save lives and protect property.
Classes start September 20 and run eight consecutive Thursday nights from 6:30-9:30 p.m. culminating with a disaster simulation on Saturday, Nov. 10.
Topics covered include
- Disaster Preparedness: Disasters and Disaster Workers, Community Preparedness
- Emergency Medical Operations I: Triage and Treating Life Threatening Injuries
- Emergency Medical Operations II: Public Health Considerations and Patient Treatment
- Fire Safety: Fire Chemistry, Hazards, Safety and Suppression
- Light Search and Rescue: Search and Rescue Size-up and Operations
- CERT Team Organization and Incident Command System (ICS 100)
- Disaster Psychology: Impact of Disaster on Rescuers and Victims and its Mitigation
- Terrorism & CERT: Terrorism and it’s Goals—CERT Protocols for Terrorism Incidents
- Disaster Simulation Training Exercise: Course Review and Hands-on Exercise
Through personal education, training and volunteer service, every individual can help make communities safer, stronger and better prepared to respond to the threats of terrorism, crime, public health issues and disasters of all kinds. CERT, developed for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is one of the primary programs offered to the American public to meet this challenge. Participants must be at least 16 years of age, attend all nine (9) class sessions, and register as a Border Community SERVICE Volunteer. Best of all, CERT training is fun and FREE!