Mission and Goals
The International Studies Program is intended to promote student competency in the following areas:
- Awareness of differing cultural perspectives; issues of ethnocentric, cultural presuppositions, cross-cultural diversity, appreciation and respect for the distinctiveness of cultures.
- Knowledge of patterns, structures, mechanism, and evolution of the world system.
- Understanding of how growing interdependence within the system affects the prospects for cooperation and conflict.
- Consciousness of the state of the planet: attention to prevailing world conditions, environmental and ecological change, economic inequalities, and the global distribution of wealth and power.
- Ability to systematically analyze the relations among states, non-state entities, and cultures within the international community.
Through course work, study abroad, and internship programs, students are prepared for a variety of international careers.
Heading Goes Here