Hospitality Students Serving at Old Fort Niagara

October 12, 2012 by Daniel Christmann

Share this:

In the early hours of October 12th the introduction to hospitality class taught by Dr. Deborah Curtis marched off to Academy Park in Lewiston where volunteers served breakfast to the War of 1812 Reenactors on the chilly but sunny morning. Niagara University takes great pride in educating their students while providing them opportunities to serve the community.

Old Fort Niagara played an important role in the early struggles between France, Great Britain, and the Colonies for control of the Great Lakes region. After being ceded back to the United States in 1815 after the War of 1812. It also served as a barracks and training facility for both World Wars. The Fort today is a National Historic Landmark and has become one of the most popular tourist attractions in the area. To learn more about Old Fort Niagara and their events visit their web page.

More

Previous Article

ServSafe Class Offered

Post your comment

Comments

No one has commented on this page yet.

RSS feed for comments on this page | RSS feed for all comments