Student Health Services strives to provide seamless, coordinated and compassionate care at each student encounter and to promote the overall health and productivity of the Niagara University community.
Follow these tips to avoid getting a respiratory illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- Alcohol–based cleaners are also effective.
- When you have to cough/sneeze, do so into your sleeve, not your hands.
- Eliminate your micro swapping behaviors!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Open your residence room window daily for fresh air.
- Disinfect your room by wiping down high use surfaces with Clorox or Lysol wipes daily. You may also use Lysol spray.
- Eat a well-balanced diet, drink plenty of liquids, get 8-9 hours of sleep a night, and exercise regularly. Keeping your immune system healthy prevents illness.
- Know the symptoms and get treated early. Schedule an appointment at Health Services directly online through your myNU or by calling 716.286.8390.
- Temporarily limit contact with others that are ill due to the flu.
How flu savvy are you? Take the Flu IQ and find out!
In need of a flu shot? It’s not too late. Click here to find a flu shot.
What's the single most important thing you can do to stay healthy?