Guidelines and Policies
Guidelines for Participation in On-Campus Interviews
- Check the on-campus interview postings throughout the academic year online or in the Office of Career Services (OCS) for an updated schedule of companies conducting on-campus interviews.
- Submit a copy of your resume to the OCS by the date requested for the position(s) you would like to be considered.
- Schedule a practice interview with Mike Skowronski, corporate relations developer, at 716.286.8535, or Stephanie Newman, assistant director, at 716.286.8539. Only the resumes of students who have scheduled or completed practice interviews will be forwarded to recruiters.
- Recruiters review the submitted resumes and notify the OCS which students they would like to interview. Once your resume has been accepted for an interview, either the OCS or the recruiter will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Report to the OCS 15 minutes before the scheduled interview.
- Wear appropriate business attire for the interview. Men — dark blue or gray wool blend suit, white long-sleeve shirt, tie, polished shoes and avoid jewelry other than a wedding or class ring. Women — skirts should be no shorter than slightly above the knee, solid color blouses, skin-tone hosiery and navy, black, or taupe pumps with two-inch heels are recommended; and makeup should be subtle.
- If you must cancel, contact the OCS at 716.286.8500 at least 24 hours prior to the interview. No-shows and cancellations of an interview without adequate notice are unacceptable.
No-Show and Cancellation Policy
A positive relationship with recruiters is extremely important for the continued success of on-campus interviews at Niagara University. These relationships are adversely affected when a recruiter is faced with a "no-show" or cancellation. While we understand that it is impossible to predict illnesses or emergencies, we ask that you contact the OCS as soon as possible if you are unable to make your scheduled interview. When you do not show up for an interview or cancel at the last minute, you prevent other students from having the opportunity to interview. Always keep your schedule updated so that you do not forget an interview time or date.
If you do not show for a scheduled interview or do not cancel 24 hours in advance, you will not be permitted to continue participating in on campus interviewing until you meet with a member of the OCS staff.
Upon Acceptance of a Job Offer:
- Notify the OCS immediately to withdraw from the recruiting program and to allow us to congratulate you!
- Notify other employers with whom you have offers pending.
- Honor your acceptance of the offer as a contractual agreement with the employer. Do not continue to interview after accepting an offer. Reneging on an accepted offer is unacceptable!