Educational Leadership Online
Now Available Online
Niagara University's educational leadership programs are now being offered online!
Educational Leadership Programs:
- Master of Science in Educational Leadership (SBL & SDL)
- Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) - School Building Leader
- Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) - School District Leader
- Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) - School District Business Leader
- Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) - School District Leader (alternative Trans D)
- Teacher Leadership Program
About our Educational Leadership Online Programs
Niagara University's educational leadership program is an NCATE-accredited graduate program that prepares candidates for leadership roles. Candidates may work toward a master's degree and certification/licensure for school, district or business leadership opportunities in New York state. In addition, the M.S.Ed. in educational leadership will provide knowledge and skills for school and district roles.
The educational leadership program focuses on the development of leaders with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to lead educational communities and nonprofit organizations. Individuals enrolled in the programs come from small, large, rural and urban school districts as well as varying communities and represent a rich diversity that adds depth and breadth to the Niagara experience.
Educational Leadership Program Statement
The educational leadership programs in the College of Education are founded on a commitment to developing practitioners who, in the Vincentian tradition, foster human learning, development, spiritual well-being, and emotional stability in their respective institutions. Graduates of these programs are expected to demonstrate the qualities of outstanding reflective practitioners and the dispositions of caring, respect for self and others, commitment to equity and social justice, open mindedness, and fairness. Additionally, we expect candidates within these programs to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions recognized by the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC). The ELCC standards were prepared by members representing the American Association of School Administrators (AASA), Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) and National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP).
New York State Nine Essential Characteristics of Effective Leaders
- Leaders know and understand what it means and what it takes to be a leader.
- Leaders have a vision for schools that they constantly share and promote.
- Leaders communicate clearly and effectively.
- Leaders collaborate and cooperate with others.
- Leaders persevere and take the “long view.”
- Leaders support, develop and nurture staff.
- Leaders hold themselves and others responsible and accountable.
- Leaders never stop learning and honing their skills.
- Leaders have the courage to take informed risks.
- Registered with the New York State Department of Education.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education).
- Aligned with New York state certification requirements for building, district and school business leadership.
- Recognized by and aligned with program standards of the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC).