Senior year offers up a lot of opportunities for students to get involved on campus, whether it be research, internships/co-ops, lab-work, or theatre productions. Students with a 3.0 GPA or higher can even take advantage of some graduate courses. Utilizing these opportunities and the resources available in the Career Services Office can help you get a jump on the job/graduate school search.
Where to Start
- Complete Your Senior Check (details below)
- Review Our Advice for Seniors
- Explore Career Planning for A&S Majors
- Get involved and take advantage of all Niagara has to offer
- Learn more about Graduation & Commencement
Senior Checks (Required)
Seniors are required to complete a senior check at least two semesters before graduation, after they have earned about 80 credits (approximately the end of junior/early senior year). The ideal timing of senior checks is about a year before you expect to graduate. The later you complete a senior check in your senior year, the less opportunities are available to identify and solve any issues that might arise.
- Graduate in May or August: Complete the check in the summer, August, September, or October of the previous year.
- Graduate in January: Complete the senior check in January/February of the previous year.
Senior Check Part 1 - COAS Diploma Senior Survey
This survey (Approximately 15-20 minutes) collects relevant diploma / commencement information necessary for your degree and helps us to better evaluate and improve the College. You must complete the entire online survey (some questions are optional).
Please notify us of future changes to your information by emailing email@example.com.
Note: There is one open ended question that asks about your activities since entering Niagara University (university and community activities, honors, awards, clubs and organizations, leadership positions, research collaborations, etc.). This list is reviewed for certain awards at graduation. If you wish you can jot down some ideas ahead of time or have a copy of your resume available when answering that question. Alternatively, you can bring in a list / resume, when you have your senior check meeting or email any updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Check Part 2 - Senior Check Meeting / Contract
Once you have completed the survey, contact us to schedule a Senior Check meeting where you will complete the senior check contract. The proactive contract is a formal review of your completed coursework and official degree requirements where we can answer questions, identify your remaining requirements, possible minors, possibilities for graduate courses, etc... To schedule an appointment:
- Call 716.286.8060
- Stop by the Dean’s Office (Dunleavy 315)
- Email email@example.com (include multiple times that you are free so we can slot you directly into the schedule when we receive your email)
- Students who have not completed the survey prior to their appointment will have to reschedule.
The senior check contracts can be updated at any time to review your progress, answer any concerns, or revise your information. Be sure to follow your senior check requirements when planning your schedule to make sure that you are on track for graduation. Remember that you will need to make up courses if you fail or withdraw from a course since signing your original senior check.