Continuing Legal Education
The Niagara Law Center and NU CLE return in September with six new events for the fall!
Sept. 24 (Thursday) 1-4:30 p.m., U.S. District Court, Downtown Buffalo
- BORDER & CUSTOMS LAW: "Border Consequences: How to Handle Customs, Convictions and Canada" - with U.S. Congressman Brian Higgins, Barclay Damon attorney Eric Schultz, representatives from U.S. Customs and more. ($65 non-members/$55 for BANC members; 4.0 CLE credits)
Oct. 16 (Friday) 1-5:30 p.m., Niagara University, St. Vincent's Hall
- MEDIATION: "Avoiding the Adversarial Collision: A Crash Course on Mediation, Collaboration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)” - with attorney Steve Sugarman and other mediation professionals ($95 non-members/$75 for BANC members, if register by Sept. 15; 5.0 CLE credits, including Ethics)
Oct. 28 (Wednesday) 3:30-6:30 p.m., Niagara University, St. Vincent's Hall
- HEARSAY/EVIDENCE: “The Hearsay on Floyd Y: Why One Sex Offender’s Case Will Change Evidence Law in N.Y.” - with Niagara Supreme Court Justice Richard Kloch and others ($55 non-members/$45 for BANC members; 3.0 CLE credits)
Nov. 13 (Friday) 2-4:30 p.m., U.S. District Court, Downtown Buffalo
- THOMAS MORE TRIAL: “The Trial of Thomas More: And the Modern-Day Role of Oaths and Ethics” - with U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeremiah McCarthy and Texas appellate court attorney Barbara Panza; includes dramatic rendition of historic trial performed by NU Theatre students ($60 non-members/$45 for St. Thomas More Guild members; 3.0 CLE credits, including Ethics)
- This is an NU CLE program, not in affiliation with the Niagara Law Center.
Nov. 20-21 (Friday-Saturday) 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Niagara University, St. Vincent's Hall
- COLLABORATIVE LAW II: “Collaborative Matrimonial Law Training II (Intro & Advanced), w/ Suzanne Brunsting” - A two-day training for new and novice collaborative law practitioners, with advanced workshops and mock scenarios on Day 2 for those who have previously completed an intro course; off-campus social event on Friday night ($350 for Day 1 & Day 2, $180 for Day 2 only; 13.0 CLE credits for Day 1 & Day 2, 6.5 CLE credits for Day 2)
- This program is sponsored in party Pusatier Sherman Abbott & Sugarman LLP and WNY Collaborative Law Professionals.
Dec. 10 (Thursday) 4:30-6:10 p.m., Niagara University
- HOLIDAY PARTY CLE w/ TOY DRIVE: "CLE Topic TBD (by You!): A Holiday Party Toy Drive” - The Niagara Law Center, NU CLE and the Bar Association of Niagara County host a holiday party; CLE topic is to be chosen by popular demand; guests pay with toys, which will be distributed to in-need families of Niagara County ($50 worth of new, unwrapped toys; 2.0 CLE credits)
- Email NU CLE Program Director Ryan Thompson with CLE topic suggestions.
Please contact NU CLE Program Director Ryan Thompson at 716.286.8324 for additional details.