Charges & Goals
- Incorporate sustainability into the life of Niagara University. Sustainability is the ability of current generations to meet their needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet theirs.
- Educate and explore opportunities to improve or develop new educational programs that highlight sustainability on campus and, ultimately, in the community.
- Bring environmental change to the campus by identifying environmentally responsible practices and facilitating positive actions.
- Determine the best way to conserve and utilize energy on our campus.
- Promote the reduction, reuse and recycling of materials on our campus.
- Incorporate green initiatives into all building projects, with the goal that new buildings would be healthy, energy and resource efficient, and qualify for LEED certification.
- Evaluate progress and communicate what Niagara is doing to protect the environment to the university community.
- Help plan for the university to go carbon Neutral by 2050.