Seminar: International Logistics
- May 16, 2013
- 8:30am — 3:30pm
- Niagara University
- Sponsored by Niagara Center for Supply Chain Excellence
- Registration Form
Import & Export are important facets of the US economy and continue to expand at much faster rates than domestic business. Unfortunately international has unique complexities which create special rules, regulations and requirements. This course will focus on how a company can cope with import & export.
Among the topics covered
- ACE: Automated Commercial Environment
- CBP: Customs & Border Protection
- CSI: Container Security Initiative
- C-TPAT: Customs & Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
- Duty Drawback
- FAST: Free and Secure Trade
- Free Trade Zones
- HTS: Harmonized Tariff System
- IATA: International Air Transport Association
- INCO terms
The class will get an understanding of how the national strategy on import shipments has shifted from collection of duties to protection of Americans and what importers have to do to comply with the latest customs directives. On exports we will outline Harmonized Tariffs and how they are used.
There will also be a focus on international logistics and differences between modes of transport in cost, convenience and liability. The course is taught by Jack Ampuja who has been an executive with five Fortune 500 firms and holds citizenship in three countries.
( ) $299 per session (Only $275 before December 7, 2012)
( ) $549 for any 2 sessions (Only $499 before December 7, 2012)
( ) $699 for any 3 sessions (Only $649 before December 7, 2012)
( ) $1100 for all 5 sessions* (Only $999 before December 7, 2012)
- Call for group discounts for firms that sign up three of more employees.
Note: All seminars will be held on the campus of Niagara University from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Lunch is included. Take all five courses and receive a "36-Hour Certificate" plaque in SCM.
To register, call 716.286.8173.