2014 — 2015 B.F.A. Auditions & Interviews
For prospective and transfer students seeking entry into the BFA Performance or BFA Design/Technology programs for the 2015-2016 academic year, applicants are required to audition (Performance) and/or present a portfolio review (Design/Technology).
Date: Saturday, Feb. 21, 2015, or Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015
Time: 9:30 a.m. (We expect the day will not go past 4 p.m.)
Place: Elizabeth Ann Clune Center for Theatre, Niagara University
Performance Applicant Requirements
- Monologue: One-minute monologue of your choice from a play, prepared and memorized. Not to exceed 2 minutes.
- Vocal: 32-64 bars preferably from a musical (no opera, please). An accompanist will be provided. Please bring your sheet music. Singing a cappella or with a taped accompaniment will not be permitted.
- Movement (Optional): Applicants may include a movement portion to their audition video. This may include a featured dance solo from a previous musical or recital.
All applicants for the B.F.A. Performance program are required to submit a current headshot or photo and resume.
Design/Technology Applicant Requirements
Each applicant for the design/technology program will meet with the design faculty for 30 minutes to present a prepared portfolio. Additionally, applicants should be prepared to discuss their theatre experience, career aspirations and expectations at NU.
The portfolio should include a maximum of 15 samples that primarily reflect the applicant’s technical theatre production experience. Some examples of materials that might be included are:
- Resume of applicant’s theatre production experience.
- Production photographs that showcase applicant’s work (sets, costumes, props, lighting, etc.).
- Technical drawings of elements designed by the applicant (sets, costumes, props, light plots, etc.).
- Audio samples and documentation of sound designed by the applicant.
- Stage manager prompt book generated by the applicant.
- Additional theatre paperwork generated by the applicant such as run crew notes, prop lists, sound cue lists, etc.
- Photographs or examples of applicant’s artwork.
- Letters of recommendation
All applicants for the B.F.A. design/technology program are required to submit a resume and letters of recommendation.
* Those applicants who attend either one of the Audition/Interview dates will also be considered for a Niagara University Theatre Scholarship. There are a number of these scholarships available for incoming and transfer students, each valued at approximately one-quarter tuition and renewable each year.
For more information, please contact Adriano Gatto, artist-in-residence, at 716.286.8481 or firstname.lastname@example.org.