The minor in Africana Studies requires the completion of 6 courses (or 18 credit hours) in the following:
- AFR 100/HIS 105 Introduction to Africana Studies
4 elective courses (or 12 credit hours) from the list of approved courses focusing on thematic or historical issues of the African Diaspora. Courses not listed with a significant emphasis on Africana issues may be approved at the discretion of the program coordinator.
A research project integrating Africana Studies into career goals through one of three options:
- AFR 493/HIS 493 Practicum in Africana Studies
- Through a co-op, independent study, or internship overseen by the department of the student's major and approved by the program coordinator.
- Through participation in an study abroad program approved by the program coordinator
- Through a senior thesis or capstone project approved by the Africana Studies minor program coordinator.