Welcome to the NU College of Education & Counseling Online Advisement Portal
We offer online advising resources to supplement our "face-to-face" services for current, new and prospective students who are enrolled in online programs or taking individual courses online. We have created this site to answer your questions and provide you with links to services, forms and other necessary information to facilitate your experience in online learning at Niagara.
Additionally, students may email or call advisors to set up appointments to discuss their academic plans more thoroughly. Contact information for advisors can be found on individual program pages. You may also contact the Office of Graduate Education & Counseling for further assistance:
Activating Purple Pass
Follow the steps in this short video tutorial to activate your PurplePass account.
Edit your Profile
To be able to register for courses, students will need to log onto their myNU account and edit their profile. This must be done each semester before registering for courses.
Follow the steps in this short video tutorial to edit your profile.
- Log into myNU
- Enter username. Username is a lowercase “s” followed by your 7-digit student number (Ex. s0056789 - include zeros to the front of your student number to make it seven digits)
- Enter password. If logging in for the first time, your password would be "Nu" plus the 2-digit day that you were born (not month or year) followed by the last four digits of your social security number/SIN (i.e. Birthday-June 20, 1980 & SS# 123456789 would be Nu206789). This login is also referred to as your PurplePass login.
- You should now be logged into your account. Click on the Edit Your Profile Box and update your profile (check over the data and make necessary corrections).
- Click the submit button on the bottom of the page
Students can view the course offerings for each semester before registering for classes.
Students will be able to look up their required books through our campus bookstore. The ISBN number(s) can also be gathered from this site if students wish to purchase thier books elsewhere.
Follow the steps in this short video tutorial to look up your required course books.
Students should check their myNU email frequently. All communication with professors and the university will take place through this email address.
Follow the steps in this short video tutorial to access your MyNU email.
Students can access the Niagara University Library online! Through this site, one can look for articles, books, and e-books to find the information they need.
Follow the steps in this short video tutorial to access the NU library webpage.
Faculty and Peers
A student can look up a faculty member or peer.
For supplemental information regarding Blackboard, as well as video tutorials please visit Blackboard Informaiton.
Financial Records/Statements, Payments, Grades, Transcripts
Follow the steps in this short video tutorial to access your financial records/statements, make payments on your account, view your final grades by semester, and access your transcripts.
WebAdvisor Course Registration:
- Go to WebAdvisor
- Click on Login
- Enter username and password, which is the same as your myNU (PurplePass) login
- Click on Students
- Click on Register for Classes
- Click on Express Registration
- To register, follow the directions on the screen
- Once you have entered your classes click Submit (Click Submit only one time or you may have to log into Web Advisor again). On the “Preferred Sections” screen, under “Action” choose Register for each class then click Submit again.
At the bottom of the page, click on My Schedule, then select the appropriate semester and submit. Your schedule for the semester will appear.
- Print your schedule. You should always print your schedule upon completion of the registration process to serve as your verification. Log out when finished!
Chalk & Wire
Quick Start Guide
The Quick Start Guide will aid students in the formatting of their Chalk & Wire e-portfolio.
Chalk & Wire Purchasing
Follow the steps in this short video tutorial to purchase your Chalk & Wire account.
Chalk & Wire Pricing
Chalk & Wire Pricing - It is recommended that students purchase a term that will carry them through the compleation of their program.
Chalk & Wire Grades
Follow the steps in this short video tutorial to check your grades on your Chalk & Wire account.
Chalk & Wire Portfolio Creation
Follow the steps in this short video tutorial to set up your Chalk & Wire portfolios.
Chalk & Wire Uploading
Follow the steps in this short video tutorial to upload material to your Chalk & Wire portfolios.
Locating NU Policies on the Web
Students must have:
- Access to a computer with Microsoft Office: including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Internet access.
- Adobe Reader (most recent version).
New Graduate Student Orientation