To achieve this Vision, the B. Thomas Golisano Center for Integrated Sciences will do the following:
- Support and assist faculty in development and implementation of interdisciplinary research projects.
- Support faculty research which involves students in the research process.
- Expand programs to encourage students to understand, conduct and present research.
- Support faculty development in interactive, integrative teaching with a special focus on student research with modern equipment in state of the art labs.
- Strengthen and develop interdisciplinary science programs that support dialog among students and faculty.
- Develop additional opportunities for students to learn about and prepare for science careers in the 21st century through career seminars and direct experiences.
- Develop translational research projects that are designed to apply scientific knowledge to solving community problems and developing local business.