Dr. Shih-Jen Kathy Ho, CPA
Professor, Chair of the Accounting Dept.
- Office Location:
- Bisgrove Hall, Second floor, Room 254C
- Office Hours:
- Fall 2014: Mon,Wed 11:10-12:10 & Tues,Thurs 2-4
- Curriculum Vitae:
Dr. Shih-Jen Kathy Ho has been a faculty member at Niagara University since 1996. She earned her Ph.D. from Syracuse University and is a CPA in New York state. In addition to extensive industry experience, she has conducted field projects at health maintenance organizations. She specializes in cost and management information systems.
In the past 15 years, she had 19 articles published in top-tier accounting journals such as the Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, and prestigious health care management journals such as the Healthcare Management Review and Hospital and Health Services Administration. Dr. Ho also writes for practitioner’s journals, such as the CPA Journal, and the Government Accountants Journal.
Dr. Ho is a member of the American Accounting Association, Institute of Management Accountants, and New York State Society of CPAs.
Focus of Teaching
- ACC 111 - Financial Accounting
- ACC 112 - Management Accounting
- ACC 335 - Cost Management Systems
- ACC 346 - Auditing
- ACC 505 - Financial and Management Accounting
- ACC 601 - Strategic Accounting Analysis and Planning
- ACC 682 - Special Topics in Accounting